We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › print to console area from Windows
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
print to console area from Windows (Read 585 times)
print to console area from Windows
May 5th, 2009, 9:53am

According to the reference, 'print' uses the console area.  How do I view the console area from Windows?

I tried running cmd.exe and then running processing.exe from the command line, but that didn't help Processing ran in another window and the command line returned to the prompt.
Re: print to console area from Windows
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2009, 11:36am

the black rectangle at the bottom of your preocessing IDE is your console. try to println("somethig"); and you'll read it there.

also triggering an exported app from the command line will get you reading your console in the OS shell you opened to start your app.
Re: print to console area from Windows
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2009, 2:14pm

Quote:
the black rectangle at the bottom of your preocessing IDE is your console

duh. of course! I was hoping to output back to the command line console where I could use VT100 emulation...

thanks.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1