We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Can someone help me with child class of Pimage
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Can someone help me with child class of Pimage? (Read 680 times)
Can someone help me with child class of Pimage?
May 1st, 2009, 3:20pm

I want to write a child class of Pimage to include region of interest, for example. Since I an not supposed to use new Pimage (from online help), but creatImage() instead, can I still define this child class? Thanks.
Re: Can someone help me with child class of Pimage?
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2009, 11:20am

Now I'm thinking about just creating a new class that includes a PImage and anything I need, like a region of interest. It'll work.
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2009, 11:41am

it mostly depends on what you're going to do: if you only need to save a few pixels, extending PImage is probably going to create an oversized tool.
Reply #3 - May 7th, 2009, 7:21pm

What about improving speed? If I incorporate a method that deals with the pixels will I gain some speed? Thanks.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1