We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › How to use the NetLibrary
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to use the NetLibrary? (Read 427 times)
How to use the NetLibrary?
Apr 27th, 2009, 8:27am

Hi,

I just made some tests with the SharedCanvasClient/Server sketches (Vista, Processing 1.0.3). I wanted to know whether its working to build a own messanger/file sharer or something to play games online.

If the IP adress is 127.0.0.1 they work good. But if I change it to my IP address (I have the address from websites like ip-adress.com and my routers settings page)  its not working.
Did I misunderstand something I thought I could connect myself. And its also not working if somebody else (not LAN) tries to connect with this address. (I started the server sketch first, we used same port).

So I wanted to know what this sketch can do Is it only possible to connect to clients in a LAN Or are there some other things I disabled the firewall of my router and the VistaFirewall. Or is the address I get from this sites (see above) something different
I read some stuff about TCP/UDP and searched the forum from page 1 to 24 but it didn't help. Before I try this on pure Java (although I think processing.net is very close to java.net) I wanted to know if somebody could help me..

Thanks for help
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1