We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › need help~we're pixel + frame differencing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
need help~we're pixel + frame differencing (Read 360 times)
need help~we're pixel + frame differencing
Apr 24th, 2009, 6:11am

Hi there, how u doin all?
well, firstly i just let u guys know, that recently i became interesting into processing, i'm a newbie in programming, but really i amazed with what processing can do.... with open source and free software, it just make even cooler!
i just visit artwork "we are pixel" by Giovanni Carlo Mingati, [triple w]openprocessing[org]/[visuals]/[?visualID=1053]

and i want to modify this  code, but when i downloaded the source code into my pc, it doesn't work it said font failed to load, font need to copy into data folder, i did copy the font into data into processing folder (my documents/processing/project folder) but still doesn't work...

i really want to try to modified this code and link it with webcam,, i want the pixel is moving by our movement, like
[hyper text] [vimeo] [com]/2430949
but i don't know where to start,
if you look on we are pixel, when we click our mouse in some point, the pixels will follow the mouse, but here i want it to detect the movement, i read  a bit about frame differencing, but i have no idea how it's gonna works,
so could anyone help me please, tell me where i have to start, i want to have particle system that detect our movement and move according our movement with white background...
need help from all of you guys,

thanks in advance

Lucas
Re: need help~we're pixel + frame differencing
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2009, 9:08am

did you create the font with processing?

Under tools you can create a font.
Re: need help~we're pixel + frame differencing
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2009, 1:09pm

You can create a font at runtime with something like

Code:
PFont font = createFont("Serif", 12); 

This should go before the setup function and in your draw function use something like to display the text.

Code:

fill(localColor.btnFont);
textFont(ltextColor);
text("Hello World", x, y);

You can can Serif to the name of any True Type font installed on your computer - be careful the user might not have the font on their machine. Fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman are pretty safe.

It is impossible to follow the links in your original post use the buttons above the text edit pane to add the correct markup for links and code etc.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1