We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Google App Engine Integration
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Google App Engine Integration (Read 1858 times)
Google App Engine Integration
Apr 17th, 2009, 4:45pm

Google released news concerning Java support in Google App Engine. Is it possible to use Processing with Google App Engine?
Re: Google App Engine Integration
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2009, 1:32am

Correct me if I am wrong, because I haven't dug much about GAE, but I felt it was mostly targeted at running applications on server side. Processing is about running applets on desktop or client (browser). So I see no relation there.
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2009, 10:51pm

Yes, GAE is targeted at running applications on server side, and I am not an expert in this, but maybe there is a way to upload the processing library or integrate it in some way with GAE.

In my case, I would like the user to upload an svg image to the server and use the Processing svg library to render the svg picture in a format that is readable by all browsers (png, jpeg). Does anybody knows an alternative to this?
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2009, 2:29am

Alternative: the well known Batik Java library, which is much more powerful (and much bigger!) than Processing's one.
Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2009, 7:03pm

Thanks PhiLo, Batik is exactly what I was looking for. I also recently learned about a library for Flex called Degrafa tha could be helpful.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1