We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SVG Imports (Read 1440 times)
SVG Imports
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:05am

Hi,
I have made some vector graphics with gradient fills on Illustrator and saved them as SVG's.

They do not load when I use the PShape function.
Either they don't appear or they are filled in black.

Graphics without a gradient fill work fine.

If anyone knows if it is impossible/possible to get Processing to show my gradients please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Sketchy.

Re: SVG Imports
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2009, 5:18am

I'm having the exact same problem and would also like to know the answer to this problem please.

bump
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2009, 6:14am

I experienced recently some problems when loading SVG through SVG built-in library i.e. through PShape loadShape().
(see processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1239903063_.html

I never experienced gradient but give a try to Georemative library
www.ricardmarxer.com/geomerative/

Hope this help,

Paul
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2009, 7:37am

thanks for your answer...however geomerative does not seem to be able to handle gradients. when i try to run:

Code:

/*
*    geomerative example
*    fjenett 20080417
*/

import geomerative.*;

RSVG svg;

void setup()
{
   size(800,800);
   frameRate( 30 );

RG.init(this);

svg = new RSVG( );
}

void draw()
{
   background(255);
   svg.draw("bgtestgradient.svg");
}

i get "Element 'lineargradient' not know. Ignoring it." as an error message. as before, all i get to see is a black image.
Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2009, 8:26am

I believe that gradients just plain old aren't supported. The SVG library supports many features, but not all unfortunately.
Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2010, 12:23pm

I have the exact same problem right now. Does anybody know a new fix to this error?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1