We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Multi-touch library - tuioZones
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Multi-touch library - tuioZones (Read 7891 times)
Multi-touch library - tuioZones
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:39pm

I have developed a library to handle TUIO events for multi-touch applications.  The library allows you to set zones that will react to TUIO events.  You can then "tie" the zone position and/or dimensions to objects you have created.  It makes some interactions very easy to code.  I created it to support my work on a thesis project in human-computer interaction, but I thought it might be useful to others.

jlyst.com/tz/
Re: Multi-touch library - tuioZones
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2009, 8:03am

this is so sweet,thank you for the lib  Cheesy
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2009, 9:45pm

Thank you so much. This lib is fantastic. Please let us know when rotation is working too.
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2009, 9:41am

Looks great!
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2009, 4:39am

im having some trouble to instal this library! can someone explain to me?
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2009, 8:35am

to install you just need to put the folder inside the folder library inside processing.

Question to jLyst, I know that it comunicates by Osc, but how I can see the messages that I recieve?? Because it seeems that neither tbeta, nor your library can give me this info... any clue?
thanks for the library anyway its greaaaaaaaat!

cheers
Caro
setZoneScaleLimit
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2010, 9:42pm

Hey! I'm new here.

I'm working on a project with TUIOZones and I tried to implement the setZoneScaleLimits function although I get this message.

The function setZoneScaleLimits(String, int, int) does not exist.

Is anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
Re: setZoneScaleLimit
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2010, 7:50am

The function requires floats rather than ints.  Hope that fixes your problem. Let me know.
Reply #8 - May 26th, 2010, 2:16am

nice work!
Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2010, 1:48am

Hi!

I'm trying to use tuioZone to make some controls... like sliders, boutons.
The latest release (1.9) with drag limits is very nice for sliders.
But I'm still looking for some options... It would be great if we could disable the ownership thing...
I'd like to have a slider that respond to a touchpoint entered in canva or in another zone, and released when touch goes out of the zone (drag limits for a draggable zone, zone limits for a bouton)...
I tried mixing controlP5 and tuioZone but I'm not good enough...

Thanks!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1