We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › My app isn't displaying
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
My app isn't displaying (Read 640 times)
My app isn't displaying
Apr 13th, 2009, 9:18am

I am very new to processing and am trying to get a couple of simple games that I have created to display online. I have exported my sketches and uploaded them to my server, but one of them isn't displaying anything other than a white box. The other one is working just fine. I am too new to Processing.org to be able to post the link to the project, so if more info is needed please let me know.

Does anyone have any idea why my Space Capades game isn't working
Re: My app isn't displaying
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2009, 1:50pm

cant you just post the url anyway...
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2009, 11:56am

When I try to include the URL to my project I get an error that says-

Error: Sorry, you are not allowed to post messages containing active links to websites or images before you have posted 5 normal messages.  

I need to get this app to work for a project for school, and I am not the only person in my class having the same problem. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have had people tell me that they have had this problem before, but no one seems to know what to do about it. I have tried different web browsers with the same white box appearing no matter what browser I use.
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2009, 12:16pm

i never tried it but if you post something like  "myurl dot com" still doesnt work ? or maybe just post your code?!
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2009, 1:04pm

A common issue with Web applets is to try and read local files or other Web sites: applets must be signed for that. Not to mention people leaving Windows absolute paths in their sketches... Smiley
Do you access files outside of data folder?

Oh, also look at the Java console, maybe you will see some error message.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1