We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Osculator 2.8.1 and Processing 1.0 any luck anybod
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Osculator 2.8.1 and Processing 1.0 any luck anybod (Read 855 times)
Osculator 2.8.1 and Processing 1.0 any luck anybod
Apr 5th, 2009, 12:45pm

Hi

I dug out my Wiimote and loaded up some code from last year.
It does not work and the two things I updated is Processing and Osculator. Does anybody know if there has been introduced code that makes Osculator, Processing and the oscp5 library not work any more?

Osculator and my Wiimote pairs just fine and I get all inputs, no problem.
Then I load up a small example, include the oscp5, loads in the Wiicontroller class that came with the oscp5 library (I think that is where I got it)

change these lines:
 WiiController() {
   // by default darwiinremoteOSC sends OSC messages to port 5600
   osc = new OscP5(this,8001);

// the address and the port of darwiinremoteOSC
   remoteAddress = "127.0.0.1";
   remotePort = 8002;

Meaning, I wish to listen for OSC messages on port 8001 and send messages from my processing sketch to the Wii using port 8002.

In Osculator I reroute all wii inputs to 127.0.0.1 on port 8001.
No messages finds their way into the Wiicontroller class

I can't really recall I did anything different when it last worked (think it was November or October)

The osculator website has changed and I can't find the processing examples anymore.

Has anybody got something like this up and running, I bet I just made a stupid mistake and because I had it running with some old code I can't be objective in my debugging :)
Re: Osculator 2.8.1 and Processing 1.0 any luck anybod
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2009, 3:31am

did you check if the address patterns provided by osculator match with those set in the WiiController class? the wiiController class was initially written to work with darwiinosc - address patterns for darwiinosc and osculator differ. other than that, changing the port numbers should not be an issue.
best,
andreas
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1