We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › pre-loading bar for large java applets
Pages: 1 2 
pre-loading bar for large java applets (Read 2123 times)
Re: pre-loading bar for large java applets
Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2009, 3:30pm

I added the "<body>" tag and deleted the "<div id="attempt8_container">" and everything in between and I just don't think I can get this to work. I thought I had done everything you said but am not really flying with this.
Reply #16 - Apr 10th, 2009, 2:58am

ok, let's take this off the forum then. i've sent you a message via PM.

F
Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2009, 3:53pm

Just a thought - has anyone implemented a click to play yet?

A loading bar is fine, but java is a strange beast and I feel like I can manage without it. The real trouble is simply going to the page with the applet on. When I do so - bam - can't use the browser for several minutes as the beast of Java hogs all system resources. An empty appropriately sized div with a click to swap the inner html to the applet would solve this on going issue, or perhaps an image of a still of the applet that gets swapped with the real thing when you click on it. I'm loathe to click on Processing projects at times, because it's almost like russian roulette.

I'm using JQuery at the moment and it's bloody easy to do things like this but I was wondering if this had occurred to anyone else.
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2009, 5:03am

click to run is the example that comes with appletobject (test dir) on github. i have a new version coming up soon and hopefully get to redo the website soon too.

http://github.com/fjenett/appletobject/tree/master

F
Reply #19 - Apr 27th, 2009, 3:27pm

Good to hear. I just clicked on the exhibition item ten minutes ago and instantly thought, "oh god, there goes the browser."

I've already found click to play easy to implement. It would be nice to see more of it in future, so we can worry less about putting applets on pages.
Pages: 1 2