We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › DXF output and camera
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
DXF output and camera (Read 525 times)
DXF output and camera
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:49am

I'm just learning about the DXF output. It's looking good, but I'm hitting my head against a simple puzzle.

If I run my code with no camera statement, I don't see any of my objects on the screen, but the DXF output is correct - objects are all aligned with their proper axes.

If I run my code with a camera statement, it looks great on screen, but the DXF output is tilted at a funny angle. I suspect that the objects are being saved in the camera coordinate system, not the world coordinate system.

Is there an easy solution? Can I both preview my objects on the screen with an arbitrary camera and output them to the file in the proper, camera-independent, coordinate system?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1