We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › efficient fullscreen presentation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
efficient fullscreen presentation? (Read 481 times)
efficient fullscreen presentation?
Mar 26th, 2009, 2:29pm

hey,

im new to processing and have a question about presenting my sketch at fullscreen. Ive started out with a simple vein animation with my approach being to draw a section of vein to a graphics object and output to the screen, on the next loop i fill the background to with a pct alpha (to create fade effect) and draw the next section of vein. It works quite well at reasonable resolutions but when using the fullscreen class and stage.width and stage.height (screen res 1280 x 800) on my machine the frame rate drops.

I have the opportunity to work with projectors and large screens that I know have a lower resolution.

I'd like to know what is the best approach and method to use the screens and projectors to present the sketches and maintain efficiency?

Ive seen work by people like toxi at the V&A and it seems to be running very fluid - i'd like to be able to achieve the same!

code for my sketch to follow

Re: efficent fullscreen presentation
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2009, 2:32pm

hmmm,

cant post code more than 2000 chars here?

Re: efficient fullscreen presentation?
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2009, 12:13am

use pastebin.com ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1