We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › HELP! my libraries dont work!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
HELP! my libraries dont work! (Read 463 times)
HELP! my libraries dont work!
Mar 26th, 2009, 12:03pm

Im somewhat new to processing and am having problems getting my libraries to show up. Im on a Mac and using Processing 1.0.

Ive put the .jar files in a folder named "Libraries". then I put the "Libraries" folder inside the sketchbook folder (eg: ../Processing/myProject/libraries)
at first this worked. Then I added new libraries to other projects in their respective "Libraries" folders, and now nothing works.

Can someone offer the definitave last word on this issue.

most appreciatively,
AndrewT
Re: HELP! my libraries dont work!
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2009, 2:36pm

all the libraries has to be in a folder called libraries in your sketchbook folder. the librarie itself has to be in a folder called "the libraries name" for example "controlP5" "unlekker" and so one. in there is a folder called library. but normally you download a zip file and the folder strukture already exists so you only have to unpack it to your libraries folder in your sketchbook folder... so just unpack the zip files into your
(eg: ../Processing/libraries) folder and it should look like this then
(eg: ../Processing/libraries/unlekker/...)

Re: HELP! my libraries dont work!
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2009, 3:10pm

If you want to add a .jar file to a single project, you put it in a "code" subfolder, e.g. Processing/MySketch/code/foo.jar

If you want the library to be available to all sketches, then the jar needs to go in: Processing/Libraries/MyLib/library/MyLib.jar (Note the directory name "MyLib" must match the jar name "MyLib.jar")
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1