We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › very simple question:recognising different shapes
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
very simple question:recognising different shapes (Read 444 times)
very simple question:recognising different shapes
Mar 23rd, 2009, 7:26pm

hi all i have some very simple questions, i am new to java and processing but the idea seems easy.

so what i want to do is:

1. have a screen with a camera on top of it

2. you walk up to the screen and make some shapes with your fingers.these are very simple shapes, like 'one' 'two' etc (as though you were counting)

3. on the other side of the screen is a projector.

4. if your fingers make some particular shape then an image is displayed by the projector.

5. if you move your hand but keep fingers the same way then image being projected also moves with your hand.

6. when you change your fingers to make new shape then the projector should project some new image.

e.g if i hold up index finger (like 'one') then i should see one image, say that of a shoe

if i hold up index finger and middle finger (like 'two') then some other shape like ice cream cone etc.

i dont know where to begin.

please help! surely this has been done before somewhere.
Re: very simple question:recognising different sha
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2009, 7:27pm

i am using ubuntu so please help with linux setups etc
i have webcam from creative
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1