We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › How can I setup Processing under ubuntu
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How can I setup Processing under ubuntu (Read 597 times)
How can I setup Processing under ubuntu
Mar 19th, 2009, 6:26pm

Hello everyone, I am new to Processing, I might post the thread at the wrong place, if I did, please move me.

So I downloaded Processing, and unzip it, for the first time I launch the program, it just work right away, and I test a few example as well. So I make a nice installation for the file under /usr/local/share, and I launch it again. it work as well. However, from that on, every time I try to launch it, I give a error that say, Please install JDK 1.5 or later.

"Processing requires a full JDK (not just a JRE) to run. Please install JDK 1.5 or later. More information can be found in the reference."

So after that I make a ln -s to the offical sun java fold. but even that wouldn't solve the problem.

I am wondering how can I get it setup right, so I can use processing again.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1