We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Minim and silence
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim and silence (Read 143 times)
Minim and silence
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:55pm

Hi! First time Processor in the home stretch of my first real sketch. I'm using Minim to get line-in sound to effect a bunch of elements in a scene, and I'm trying to add one object that only shows up in the scene when there's virtual silence. The first part is working great, but I can't figure out how the silence part. I'm a bit new to sound, so it took me a second to figure out that the raw audio frequency has lots of little pockets of silence in it, so the object kept popping up when I didn't want it to.

So, how do I get it to acknowledge the longer pockets of silence, what a noob like me would intuitively think of as "silence?" From searching around, I think I should be using FFT, but I'm not sure?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1