We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Tracking installation BBC big screen Leeds
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Tracking installation BBC big screen Leeds (Read 1143 times)
Tracking installation BBC big screen Leeds
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:18pm

Hi
Im new to processing, Im trying to create an installation that track people moving across a space and use the information to generate midi messages over OSC.

At the minute it works by frame difference at the minute so it can loose the point of movement some times. I need blob tracking to be smart enough to lock to boxes and remember where people are.

I have a the basic tracking patch with test footage in the link below.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIP8W00A

Many Thanks
Re: Tracking installation BBC big screen Leeds
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2009, 10:25am

Hi

I use openCV to something a bit like your project, only I don't have multiple blobs.
I don't know how to keep the openCV or Myron referring to the same blob but I did find out that blurring the image, changing the threshold and converting it to b/w makes it much easier for the software to find movement and removes a lot of the noise:
Code:

public Blob[] readBlob()
{
opencv.read();
image(opencv.image(), 0, 0); // RGB image
image(opencv.image(OpenCV.MEMORY), 0, h); // image in memory
opencv.absDiff();
opencv.threshold(threshold); //threshold = 80;
opencv.blur( OpenCV.BLUR, 9 );
image(opencv.image(OpenCV.GRAY), 0, h); // absolute difference image
noFill();
stroke(255);
rect(0, 200, 640, 80);
Blob[] blob = opencv.blobs( 600, (w * 80) / 3, 1, false, 10);
opencv.remember();
return blob;
}
}

Not much but hope it helps.
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2009, 11:29am

hi jay

i'm working on something similar and have got it working fairly well. it is a bit temperamental however - could do with some refinement.

what i'd really like to do is stitch multiple camera feeds together into one capture in order to cover a wide area accurately. i imagine you will have to do something like this also; especially if you are covering a wide open space.

let me know how you get one and i'll keep posting updates here too.

s

code to follow...

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2009, 11:32am

cheers guys much appreciated.

I will credit anyone who helps on on the day of the event.
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2009, 11:34am

zipped code is here for a short while: or email me for a copy (sam at surfacearchitects.com)

http://www.surfacearchitects.com/gfx/TRACKING_TRAILS_CLICK.zip

s

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2009, 11:47am

sounds like a fun event jay, be good to hear more about it
s

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1