We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Missing files in exported applet
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Missing files in exported applet (Read 194 times)
Missing files in exported applet
Mar 9th, 2009, 2:25am

Using version 1.0.1.

I have a simple program that uses one font and one data file located inside the data folder.  It works fine when run as an application from the Processing File menu, but when I export it to an applet and try to run it in a web browser, I get one of two errors:

(1) Could not load font ###
(2) Missing file null/data/rdtmp

If I look at the contents of the jar file directly, both the font file and the data file (rdtmp) are present.

I only get one of these errors at a time.  I can see no pattern for when I will get which error; I can close Processing, re-open it, export a new applet, and get a different error, without having changed any code or settings.

I suspect that the null/ at the front of the second error holds the key to resolving this, but I can't figure out how to address that.

Also, the name of the font that could not be found varies.  I started out trying to use Trebuchet, and when this didn't work, I changed to Courier on the thought that maybe there was an issue with the font.  However, even after changing the code to use Courier, creating the font, and exporting to a new applet, the Java console was still giving me the error that the applet could not find Trebuchet.  In short, there seems to be no correlation between the font that the applet looks for and the one I have programmed it to use.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1