We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Minim: manipulating a float buffer
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim: manipulating a float buffer (Read 879 times)
Minim: manipulating a float buffer
Feb 13th, 2009, 10:55pm

So, I want to open a sound file, manipulate the buffer in non-realtime and save it as a new file using Minim. Like in a simple sound editor.

AudioPlayer has three AudioBuffer fields (inherrited from AudioSource); left, mix and right.
AudioSource has methods for getting the samples as float values, but as far I can see it is not possible to set them or to create a new AudioSource from a float array /multiple float arrays.

Is there any way of manipulating a float buffer in Minim?

~ce
Re: Minim: manipulating a float buffer
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2009, 12:55pm

I'd need to manipulate audiofloats, too.
not in realtime and just for the output.
Tell me once you found something, I'll do the same!
edit: maybe there is a simple a simple file type we could read and write with getbits?

in detail: I need to combine one sample with a random offset into a loop-like samples I can merge to the following: Something like an endless echo I can feed with the sample until I have noise only and even further.
Needs to be quite accurate and merged to a single array because there will be thousands of repetitions of the sample and I need to control the volume in very small steps (1/6000 volume e.g.).
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2009, 6:05pm

Im still waiting for better solution (Minim, please!), but meanwhile I have used bits an pieces of the Tritonus library and written my own audio buffer. It kind of works, but it is way too messy to share.
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2009, 6:08pm

I better use ESS I think :)
thx
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1