We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › need help, please .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
need help, please . (Read 638 times)
need help, please .
Feb 11th, 2009, 11:33am

Sorry to the moderators, I am posting this here because i need people to help me out with this one

I just paid for a processing class. 5 meetings. each 4 hours long

I want to get the most out of the class.

My main objective is to be able to project my videos into
various real world objects(mapping)-(triangles circles etc), only using one projector.

you can check www.antivj.com   to see an example

How Should I approach the teacher? and What should I tell
him that I need to learn , to be able to do this?  any links that would get me where I want to go?

thanx for the help
Re: need help, please .
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009, 7:22am

im not sure but is vvvv better for that purpose? Havent worked with it but i always thought it is. maybe ask some people who knows both...
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2009, 10:36am

anybody knows how to do this with processing????
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2009, 4:42pm

check this out, there is a great vvvv tutorial about this topic

http://vvvv.org/tiki-index.php?page=How+To+Project+On+3D+Geometry

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2009, 11:23am

cedric thx for the link. but like i said i already payed for the processing class.  If I can't do projection mapping with processing.  Then is it possible to add video effects made in processing to High Def videos , avi?

thanx
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2009, 12:01pm

i mean, even if you allready payed. what if it doesnt make sense in your case...? but like i allready said, i dont know enough about how to do that in processing and if it is possible. if not learning processing isnt a bad thing in any case...

what do you mean by adding processing video effects to hD videos ?

its always possible to export highres images you can easily combine to a movie, or even export avis,movs with some libraries
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2009, 12:56pm

Note there is a Video Capture, Movie Playback, Vision Libraries forum here.
I don't go there, but perhaps some people used to this area can answer your questions.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1