We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › New to Processing!  General hardware question
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New to Processing!  General hardware question (Read 861 times)
New to Processing!  General hardware question
Jan 28th, 2009, 3:04pm

Hello all I am brand new to processing and am really excited about it.  Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.  
My question is why does it take 45 seconds to run even the first example code on the "getting Started" web page?
line(15, 25, 70, 90);
I have a 17" Powerbook 1Ghz, 2 Gigs of RAM running OS 10.5.6
I am aware that there are certain problems with running Processing in OS X.  
Is there anything that I can do about this?  
Thanks very much in advance for your help.  I really appreciate it.  

-B
Re: New to Processing!  General hardware question
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2009, 6:28am

do you have the latest JDK?
just a shot on the dark really
Re: New to Processing!  General hardware ques
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2009, 6:41am

Hello; thanks very much for writing.  I don't know if I had the latest JDK.  As it happens, the new hard drive that I had installed in that computer last week has died.  I suppose that that could be why things weren't running so well in Processing.  I'll have to wait until later this week when I get the replacement drive to re-install everything and get back into Processing.  I'll post back what happens after the replacement.
Thanks again for the suggestion.

-B
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1