We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Jmyron Folder Will Not Copy, please help
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Jmyron Folder Will Not Copy, please help (Read 378 times)
Jmyron Folder Will Not Copy, please help
Jan 20th, 2009, 1:32am

Hi,

I'm Fresh out of the Oven to all of this...  But aside from programming pretty computer savvy.  

I'm desiring to throw down on playing with some Laser Graffiti action and want to begin learning some code and getting nasty with it..

I installed Processing on my new Macbook Pro with OS 10.5.5.   The Instruction for the 'Jmyron' folder ( which is needed for Laser Graffiti ) say to copy and past the folder into the Processing/Libraries directory..

The issue, is that the directory and any directory within Processing for that matter are 'Read Only' - so I can't really do anything...   I figure Mac OS 10.5.5 may be to fresh...

Can I make the Folder I need to copy to a 'Write to' also directory ?

Or any ideas at all  ?

thanks ,

Mark
Re: Jmyron Folder Will Not Copy, please help
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2009, 11:10am

The instructions of this library are old. New versions of Processing require to put the libraries in the sketch folder. See the instructions at Libraries.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1