We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › First Instillation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
First Instillation (Read 305 times)
First Instillation
Jan 27th, 2009, 3:06am

Hello friends:

I am a student at a small university trying to do his first instillation in a gallery.  I am new at using processing, but im devouring the book and other information quickly.

My Instillation involves projecting an image on a wall, through a Mac, that is connected on a LAN with other Macs in the room.  The other Macs have other videos/other work on them.  I am going to take the variables produced by the play count of the videos/otherwork on the other macs, and use it to generate an image, mixed with the random() function, that will be displayed behind the title of the show.

Most of the problems that I foresee will be with getting the varibles from the Flash Interface that displays the videos/otherwork, through the LAN, to be updated at live time to my main image built with processing.  Doing a little research, I might have to use ruby to get those varibles, or some kind of sever friendly program to do it.  But, I would think that if you can get sounds to talk to processing, it would not be too hard to get flash to talk to processing (through a LAN).  

I do not think I will have trouble with the varibles once I get them into processing.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any problems/code I am going to run into when trying to do this?

thx for reading
-djratlif
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1