We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Max/MSP and Processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Max/MSP and Processing (Read 1677 times)
Max/MSP and Processing
Jan 24th, 2009, 4:16am

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I've had a difficult time finding information on the subject.

I'm a novice programmer, you might say, and I was wondering how one might go about integrating Processing into Max/MSP. What I'd like to do is use Max/MSP's ability to use the webcam as an input device and use that input as variable definitions (For example, using Max/MSP for color tracking and utilizing processing to create a trail of color behind the users movement).

If this type of thing is possible, it'd be great if someone could explain the process to me and/or redirect me to a place where I can find more information about it.
Re: Max/MSP and Processing
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2009, 1:18am

Hi, I am also new to using MAX/MSP and processing. I and was wondering how i could use a camera to track body movement, which will then change sounds in MAX/MSP? I would also like to make this into a visual sound installation that will be projected onto a wall where the image would change depending on where the person is standing. Is there some tutorial that can show me how this works? Thanks!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1