We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Libaries don't show up in IDE
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Libaries don't show up in IDE (Read 1303 times)
Libaries don't show up in IDE
Jan 22nd, 2009, 7:42pm

I have ca. 40 libaries in the sketchbook but when I try to acess them only 8 show up and are usable. Even when i donload the library new it won't show up.
Re: Libaries don't show up in IDE
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:59pm

Hi!

Just in case, make sure:
1. that the libraries you've downloaded reside under the "<SKETCHBOOK>/libraries" folder where <SKETCHBOOK> designates your sketchbook folder;

2. Under the "<SKETCHBOOK>/libraries" folder, each library has its own subfolder. For example, for controlP5, the archive contains a "documentation", a "examples" and a "library" folder. The "library" folder of the archive is the one which contains the jar (controlP5.jar). Hence, the controlP5.jar shall reside in "<SKETCHBOOK>/libraries/controlP5/library/controlP5.jar";

3. Make sure to restart Processing when you install a library as explained in the previous 2 points as the newly downloaded and installed libraries don't show up until you restart Processing.

If the above doesn't solve your problem, i don't know...
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2009, 2:53pm

i have this structure:
documents/processingskechtes/skect0001

and in the same folder:
documents/processingskechtes/libraries

and some libraries show even up, i don't know whats the problem?
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009, 3:36pm

What do you mean by "won't show up"?
Where? In File > Sketchbook > libraries? In Sketch > Import library?
In the former case, it is normal: only libraries with examples are visible here.
In the latter case, it is more annoying. What system do you have?
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009, 9:08pm

Can you confirm that when you install the libraries you actually unzip their zipfiles under "documents/processingskechtes/libraries"

If so, what are the libraries that "show up"  Are there only a handful of them (say "video", "serial" and two or three others), which would probably indicate that the ones you "see" are only the standard ones that come with the distribution

As asked by PhiLho, do you mean by not showing up that they don't appear when you browse the menu under Sketch -> Import library

greg_rasputin wrote on Jan 28th, 2009, 2:53pm:
i have this structure:
documents/processingskechtes/skect0001

and in the same folder:
documents/processingskechtes/libraries

and some libraries show even up, i don't know whats the problem

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1