We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Parsing data via persistent HTTP on-the-fly
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Parsing data via persistent HTTP on-the-fly? (Read 240 times)
Parsing data via persistent HTTP on-the-fly?
Jan 22nd, 2009, 5:05am

I have a sketch that currently uses a static CSV file as its data input.  Naturally, it uses loadStrings() and split() to read in the text file and parse the values.

I'd like to modify the sketch to take data over a persistent HTTP connection.  Ideally, the sketch would connect to a server, which would feed it one line of data at a time (also comma-separated, or whatever is easiest).  The data would need to be parsed and relayed to arrays and objects in real-time, without waiting for the data input to "finish" (as it would be ongoing).

Is there an easy (or known) way to establish such a persistent HTTP connection and parse its results on-the-fly?

Thanks tons in advance.
Re: Parsing data via persistent HTTP on-the-fly?
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:45am

hmm. i was wondering about this concept myself today.  i think osc might be an good consideration.  anyone?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1