We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Alternatives to Processing Color with HSB
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Alternatives to Processing Color with HSB (Read 214 times)
Alternatives to Processing Color with HSB
Jan 21st, 2009, 2:57pm

Hi,

My question is this. When working with RGB I can store color information in a variable of type color. While this information can be accessed by the default methods, I understand that it is more efficient to use bit shifting operations on the data in the color variable.

Now what if I want to work in HSB. Are there similar alternatives for manipulating hsb values or must I use the standard methods provided?

Since the color variable type stores data as a,r,g,b, is there any such thing as an hsb variable type out there in Java or in an add-on library?

It would be nice if there was an a,h,s,v alternative to a,r,g,b.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1