We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › display window off screen
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
display window off screen (Read 492 times)
display window off screen
Jan 4th, 2009, 5:45am

i wasn't sure where to post this...

all of a sudden, one of my sketches produces its display window in such a way that I don't have access to anything like a title bar that might allow me to move the window around. I don't know how it happened in the first place, and I definitely don't know how to get it back to something manageable.

i tried playing around with the dimensions of the display window, but to no avail. could it have something to do with the prosvg i just implemented?
any ideas?
Re: display window off screen
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2009, 12:00pm

I suppose you have no code to move the frame?
Possible solution: close Processing, open preferences.txt, I see a line last.sketch0.location, perhaps tweaking the values there can fix the issue?
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2009, 5:21am

just to be clear, I am only having this problem with one particular sketch - should I still be messing around under the hood?

also i have a few last.sketch.position entries

the sketch with the problem is here:
last.sketch1.path=D:\Processing\sketches\animal_icons_01\animal_icons_01\animal_
icons_01.pde

does that mean that this line refers to that sketch's position:
last.sketch1.location=640,275,618,770,487

and if so, what do those numbers mean - I don't have the foggiest idea what they might be referring to...

thanks!
Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2009, 12:02pm

I was wrong, looking at the source I see it is the bounds of the editor window, not of the sketch drawing frame.

From what I see, Processing positions the sketch window relative to the editor's position. If you move this window, it will remember the new position for the next run, but apparently it doesn't remember the position between two runs of the PDE.

I mean that for Processing 1.0.1, I don't know for previous versions (nor which version you have).

I think that somewhere, you have a call to frame.setLocation(x, y);. If not in your own code, perhaps it is in one of the libraries you use, although it seem unlikely.
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2009, 8:32am

thanks for looking into it.

here's the applet in case it might give a clue. I really am not one to go into the back of house and be messing with preferences...unless someone knows for sure that it's the right thing.

http://upsdn.ca/processing/animal_icons_01/applet/

thanks
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2009, 10:48am

Ah, I see you use a special mode from proSVG. I see also this library is listed as deprecated (for latest versions of Processing). All this might be related...
Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2009, 1:26am

i commented out the setup line:
void setup(){
//  size(1200, 2400, "prosvg.SVGKdl");
   size(1200, 2400);

but still get the same result. Is this a bug?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1