We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Yes, me too: "Could not find the main class..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Yes, me too: "Could not find the main class.. (Read 478 times)
Yes, me too: "Could not find the main class..
Dec 29th, 2008, 12:41am

Recently upgraded to Processing 1.0.1.  Running W2K.  In the past I'd have no problem "exporting application" for "Windows".  Now, while the export seems successfully, when I double-click the resultant .exe, I get:
"
Java Virtual Machine Launcher:
Could not find the main class.  Program will exit.
"
I've searched the forums, and see this is a problem for others, but no real solutions that apply to me.  I'm not running any version of Java (to my knowledge) other than what came with Processing.  

FYI:  I can take sketches that would export just fine in the beta, and now their application exports don't work either, so this seems more like a global issue, rather than a sketch-dependent one.
Re: Yes, me too: "Could not find the main cla
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2008, 2:13am

Ok, solved my own problem, thought I'd post up:
It was a simple case of having an old version of Java installed in my c:\program files\java:  Even thogh The v1 of Processing came with the latest Java, when I'd try and run my .exe, it would look to the "system" java install (it seems), rather than the one that shipped with Processing.  At any rate, fresh install from java.com, and I'm up and running again.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1