We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Change PDE editor window background color
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Change PDE editor window background color (Read 6101 times)
Change PDE editor window background color
Dec 26th, 2008, 3:37pm

Is there a way to change the PDE text edit window panel background color ? from the (apparent) default #FFFFFF...

Can change window size and presentation background color in preferences.txt, but i can't see how to change the background of the text editor window itself.

Am running rev 0162 in windows XP.

thanks much,

Mo
Re: Change PDE editor window background color
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2008, 11:26am

It is supposed to be editor.bgcolor in preferences.txt.
It works in 0135 and 0154 (the versions I keep) but no longer in 1.0.1, not sure why (from a quick look at the source).
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2008, 5:11pm

PhiLho, thanks for the clues. Finally heeding the advice to "please read the changes" ... sure enough, as of rev 0159 on 23 NOV 08, most color settings (editor.bgcolor and others) were moved off to lib\theme\theme.txt, where they work fine.

i am a newb so OF COURSE i did not read the instructions first...

thanks,

Mo

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2009, 5:24pm

it would be neat if processing PDE colour coded parens and braces.

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2010, 3:25pm

Quote:
most color settings (editor.bgcolor and others) were moved off to lib\theme\theme.txt, where they work fine.

but where are these settings in Mac OSX (OS10.5) ?

thanks in advance
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2010, 2:50pm

The path is relative to the Processing install dir.
Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2010, 1:28pm

thanks for the hint.

But... I don't find anything like a theme.txt file.
In the application folder, I just have the application "Processing", not a folder with files like theme.txt inside.

In the user/library/porcessing,
I have the preferences.txt file, but no theme.txt file.

I explored all the files on my system, but cound't find any theme folder or file belonging to Processing.

Waiting for further help... (my eyes aches).
thanks in advance
Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2010, 10:39pm

The Processing application is actually a folder, though it generally doesn't act like one in Finder.  To navigate into the folder, right click the Processing.app icon and click "Show Package Contents".  You can find then find the theme.txt file:

Contents/Resources/Java/lib/theme/theme.txt

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2010, 9:09am

Thank you,
that's a great help !
the bgcolor changed without problem Wink
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1