We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Status 20 December 2008
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Status 20 December 2008 (Read 699 times)
Status 20 December 2008
Dec 20th, 2008, 4:29pm

Hi all,

Casey and I will probably be unavailable for a couple weeks as we try to deal with all the things (work and family, not in that order) that were put on hold for the Processing 1.0 release. With the exception of this summer, when I was funded to work on it for four months, Processing is done entirely in our free time, which means that our work on it usually comes at the expense of something else.

This means that I'll be slow to respond to bug reports and unlikely to have time to fix them in the very near term (unless they're urgent, usually meaning that they destroy code), at least for a couple weeks.

The 1.0 release has continued to reach tens of thousands of people--the PDE itself is averaging 50-60k unique users each month (and far, far more that visit the web site). Which is very exciting, but has also worn us out as we try to keep the site running and up to date, plus dealing with the stream of (increasingly esoteric) bug reports that have to be tracked down across the half dozen platforms we're supporting.

At any rate, hope everyone has a great holiday, stays safe, and enjoys some time with their family. See you soon!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1