We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › web app for video and layers of video
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
web app for video and layers of video? (Read 188 times)
web app for video and layers of video?
Dec 12th, 2008, 5:46pm

Hi,

I am curious about starting a project and would like to know if such a thing would be possible in processing.  I'm just starting my research on the idea so forgive me if it's been discussed before.  The idea is that I have a large video database that have different possible visualizations.  Each visualization of a single video could be like another layer to add on top of a video.  I'm curious if a web application could access all the video's on a single server and  display in real-time any of the video layers on-top of the original video to anyone on the web?  Or for starters just on a local network?

I could see how it could work on a client accessing all the information on their own machine, but how could it work on the web without the need for downloading everything?  I.e. stream everything as it processes the data?  Is there anything like this currently on the web?  Would I have to implement some type of media streaming server?  And would I have access to frame based data?

Thanks so much!
-pkm
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1