We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › How to download all the reference html
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to download all the reference html? (Read 2608 times)
How to download all the reference html?
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:03pm

Has anyone bundled up all the Processing Reference pages into html I can download?

I just want to have access to the help info if I am offline.

Re: How to download all the reference html?
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008, 11:51pm

Afaict, it seems to be bundled with Processing. For example, on MacOS X, you can find the reference HTML in "file:///Applications/Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/reference/index_ext
.html", aka in the Processing application bundle.

Have you checked in your Processing directory?

Note: you may access the reference right from the Help menu.
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2008, 7:30am

I confirm, mine, on Windows, is at <install dir>\processing-1.0.1-expert\reference
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2008, 7:49am

thanks guys! I should have looked harder at the installed files Tongue
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2008, 8:05pm

You needn't dig through anything (and shouldn't, since the location of the files is likely to change), just select "Reference" under the Help menu.

Or click on any word, and select "Find in Reference" (also in the Help menu, or available via right-click).
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2010, 8:47am

I'm running v1.1 on Windows Vista, and when I try to open the reference from within processing, nothing happens. So I checked the "Reference" folder in my install, and noticed that I've only got the first few HTML files in there. I literally just downloaded the latest build. Could the reference files have been accidentally omitted from this release?

Adam
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1