We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Processing hack-week or hack-day
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing hack-week or hack-day (Read 2000 times)
Processing hack-week or hack-day
Dec 8th, 2008, 9:10pm

A solid week or just one day for working with others and hacking on the Processing source code fixing bugs, adding new features, etc. or working on one of the other implementations like Processing.js or Ruby-Processing or plugins/modes for other text editors like Emacs, VIM or TextMate, or working on improving the Processing libraries.

I think a lot of good work could get done with such a focused week or day.

Is there anyone else who would be interested in that?
-Rudolf
Re: Processing hack-week or hack-day
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2008, 10:44pm

I like this idea.
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2008, 8:10pm

good idea, maybe a week is better.

if is needed i'm a rails developer i could take a look to Ruby-Processing but i never have seen it.

PS: i guess that you are planning this week for january and not december :]
Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2008, 6:29pm

Okay, so I guess since I suggested it, I'll be organizing some of it?

REAS, what do you say?
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2008, 12:42am

Okay, the week will 28 January to 4 February 2009. All day, every day, hacking on Processing, its libraries, integration with text editors, etc.

I posted a little blog post about it: http://www.neverfriday.com/sweetfriday/2008/12/-for-a-course-i.html

And I'll be posting a quick & dirty website with info here: http://neverfriday.com/processing-hack-week/
Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2008, 8:34pm

Rudolf,
I think this is a wonderful idea! Try not to let lack of board chatter discourage you; it's a very busy time for many of us. I'll be sure to keep up to date on your blog/progress. I'm personally pretty much full time on another processing publishing project at the moment, so I'll be more of a fan on the sidelines, but I know there are many of us in the Processing community who appreciate your initiative.

Best,
Ira
Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2009, 8:54pm

HAHAHAAHAH HAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Excuse the maniacal laugh, but Processing Hack Week has begun Cheesy
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2009, 4:36pm

am getting a Page Load Error from those neverfriday urls.
Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2009, 6:59am

koogy wrote on Jan 29th, 2009, 4:36pm:
am getting a Page Load Error from those neverfriday urls.

I tried the links and they work for me. Maybe my web host was hiccupping a bit :S sorry!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1