We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Trying to make GUI for graphing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Trying to make GUI for graphing (Read 712 times)
Trying to make GUI for graphing
Dec 5th, 2008, 7:28pm

I have searched the Processing topics and have not been able to find out if anyone has asked this before, so here goes.

I am trying to graph two sensor input pins received via serial frrom an Arduino board. I have used Tom Igoe's sample serial graphing code and it works well for each of the two sensors. Only problem is I would like to be able to see both sensor outputs on a single screen with two windows. I have looked at all the tutorials and examples I have been able to find but I have missed this somewhere.

I am sure someone has done this someplace and I would like to ask for help in going down a direction to find this. I am not asking anyone to write the code for me, but if someone could just point me in the proper direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Jim
Re: Trying to make GUI for graphing
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008, 11:16pm

Hi,

Not too sure exactly - but if it is creating a second window that is the problem then you can use

http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5/

and see the ControlP5window example -

hope thats what you were wanting. . . .

kk
Re: Trying to make GUI for graphing
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2008, 11:50pm

Thank You Kaptain..

I have seen this control and have tried a bit of it, but it still has scanty documentation so stuggling to decipher how to make up a single large window, then create two smaller windows within that one and add a couple of buttons to select the serial port and start the serial connection and stop or kill the serial connection when I am done.

I do not think this should be too awfull to do but I sure could use some help or something that doesn't assume a high degree of proficiency in Processing/Java.

Thanks and I am still looking.

Jim
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1