We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Virtual Ribbons
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Virtual Ribbons (Read 2498 times)
Virtual Ribbons
Dec 5th, 2008, 12:51am

Hi All

I just finished another webcam project which allows the user to experience an augmented reality in which the flow of ribbons and particles can be controlled. It works by capturing a colour from an object (in this case, a green glove and the light from my mobile phone) and then using this object to appear to drag the ribbons around the screen.

Have a look here for video documentation and code snippets.

http://jamesalliban.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/virtual-ribbons/
Re: Virtual Ribbons
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2008, 4:26pm

Hi,
I always have a 'the nested type Ribbon cannot hide an enclosing type' error when I try to use your ribbon sources.
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2008, 9:37pm

Sorry to hear its not working for you alx5962. Is anyone else getting this error? I just downloaded the files and it worked fine. I am, however, still using version 0135 BETA.
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2009, 9:16am

Hi, i had the same problem, and it seems that the name of the class cannot be the same as your processing sketch. So renaming your class or your sketch may help.
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2009, 5:29pm

Very cool!

Imagine what that would look like if it were implemented on one of those huge display walls, with the camera positioned to view people as they walked by.  So as people walk past, they could look to the side and see the video doppleganger of themselves walking, trailing colorful ribbons behind.  Like the screen was a big magic mirror.

That would make a very cool installation somewhere...
Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2009, 7:39pm

Beautiful work!  The effects are poetic.
What are you planing for the second hand?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1