We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › version 149++ Antialiasing Problems in OPENGL
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
version 149++ Antialiasing Problems in OPENGL (Read 873 times)
version 149++ Antialiasing Problems in OPENGL
Nov 24th, 2008, 2:24am

Since I use the version above 0149 the 4xAntialiasing Hint is not working in Opengl. (Now 0156)

I saw that smooth() is now a possible function but it makes no difference. I even tried to enable the GL-functions Line/Point/PolygonSmooth in direct GL-code but it didnt work.

My graphic card driver allows 6xAntialiasing and is working if I set the settings to force Antialiasing. If I set the setting to "Let application decide" nothing happens.

As i used the version 0135 everything worked perfectly. Has somebody the same problems?

Thanks for replies
Re: version 149++ Antialiasing Problems in OPENGL
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2008, 3:38pm

I know its maybe boring, but it would really help me, if somebody could write me at least if he/she recognized any differences between the versions.
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2008, 10:39am

I also recognized this problem.

In version 1.0 the anti-aliasing seems to be back again, but only 2x. And I cannot activate the 4xAntiAliasing. I also would be happy if this would work again.

Besides the anit-aliasing problems there still seems to be other issues with the opengl renderer. for example "shininess" doesn't seem to work at all.
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 5:30pm

I discovered the same thing. In Version 0156 and below the OPENGL renderer worked well with either smooth() or hint(). Since 1.0 it simply doesn't work at all (same project + same systems(Apple iMac /w ATI Radeon and a bunch of Powerbooks) ). Any suggestions?
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:02pm

bohnacker wrote on Nov 25th, 2008, 10:39am:
In version 1.0 the anti-aliasing seems to be back again, but only 2x. And I cannot activate the 4xAntiAliasing. I also would be happy if this would work again.

Regarding this, have you checked out the updates to the hint reference
http://www.processing.org/reference/hint_.html

Is hint(ENABLE_OPENGL_4X_SMOOTH) not working for you If so, please post to the bugs database.
Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 8:18pm

Sorry for not answering. I have to say that the problems with AA are gone since I use the 1.0-version. And it works like documanted. 2xAA as default, and 4xAA with the Hint.

One suggestion why some older programs have problems is the new textformat. I had to rewrite some old programs.
Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2008, 2:57pm

REAS wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:02pm:
Regarding this, have you checked out the updates to the hint reference
http://www.processing.org/reference/hint_.html

Is hint(ENABLE_OPENGL_4X_SMOOTH) not working for you If so, please post to the bugs database.

Checked it out - doesn't work. Going to post it to the bug DB.
Thanks for your help.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1