We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Need-processing author for biweekly magazine spot
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Need-processing author for biweekly magazine spot (Read 966 times)
Need-processing author for biweekly magazine spot
Nov 22nd, 2008, 9:16am

Hello. I am editor for an arts and culture magazine based in Akron, Ohio. I am seeking regular contributors for our launch, and have become enamored with the idea of including an author to introduce Processing to the readership.            Early this year I attended a Processing workshop with Marius Watz. I had no programming background but found the stuff to have been made excitingly accessible; I want to help more people get that experience. I am looking for someone who can make this stuff similarly accessible and rewarding (most readers will have had no prior experience with programming of any sort). The column will run twice a month, with no more than 8.5x11 inches worth of printed space, though there will be a web component to the publication for, perhaps, fitting in extra content. If interested, please email me at mpw14@uakron.edu     Know that I will be eventually asking those who would desire this position to provide a page to a half page sample showing how they might proceed on the task of introducing this visual-mathematical language to neophytes in an engrossing and succinct way.  Thank you for your inquiries!
Re: Need-processing author for biweekly magazine s
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2009, 4:19pm

Was this taken by anyone?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1