We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Help with Idea (Read 273 times)
Help with Idea
Nov 21st, 2008, 10:04pm

Hello there,

i'm a total newbie to processing, i had some classes about it in the University some time ago but apart from that I don't dominate the language or anything like that.

Meanwhile this year I wanted to do a project for the University because I'm in a Sound and Image course, using processing. The idea is kind of simple but i don't know how to program it or if it is possible, here goes:

With a camera connected to a computer, users take a photo and processing grabs the picture and reads its RGB info (getpixel() i think). After having the RGB info, processing would use that to trigger sounds in a VST over proMIDI.

The main idea is this but I don't know how to code it, neither how could I use the RGB info of the picture to do more then trigger sounds in some kind of sampler VST.

Every help and sugestion of ideas would be great, as if someone would like to work with me in this, because I am a sound /music producer and my coding skills suck hard. The final work is going to be exhibited, so people who have interest in working with me would rock Wink

Thanks

Re: Help with Idea
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2008, 12:48am

Anyone? Please some help... Smiley
Re: Help with Idea
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2008, 1:22pm

I am not competent to answer, but I know it is not a syntax question...
Perhaps if you ask the question in the video or music sub-forums, you will reach more knowledgeable people. Even if I am not proponent of multiple posts (but I have no power to move threads... :-P).
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1