We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › import libraries
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
import libraries (Read 534 times)
import libraries
Nov 4th, 2008, 6:23pm

I'm just starting with processing, and I'm trying to import the Treemap libary.  I've started and named a new sketch, then dropped the full Treemap folder into the folder.  I've then restarted processing and gone to import library - but the Treemap library is not appearing.

In some places I've read that new libraries need to be dropped into the sketch folder, other places that it needs to be dropped into a 'Library' folder in processing. I can't find that folder.

Thanks!
Re: import libraries
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008, 10:04pm

Create a folder called "libraries" in the sketchbook folder (not the folder of the current sketch). Place the treemap folder inside that.
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2008, 4:45pm

hey, i'm having kinda the same trouble... i installed the toxi library... it came as a folder called "geomutils" which i put into the "libraries" folder, inside my sketchbook folder, but it still doesn't recognize the toxi library. i dont get what's going on...
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009, 7:04pm

Libraries folder solution doesn't appear to work either.  You can get around this by Sketch -> Add File and selecting the .jar file for the particular library.  Note that you'll have to update each .jar file if it is updated by the developer.
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2009, 10:39am

I've wrote a blog post about it(http://www.eskimoblood.de/2008/12/15/using-non-processing-libaries-in-processing/). One problem was that the folder in the libraries has to have the same name as the jar file to get it work.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1