We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › toxi/geomutils library installation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
toxi/geomutils library installation (Read 1273 times)
toxi/geomutils library installation
Oct 29th, 2008, 7:00pm

I'm using Processing 0148 on a MacBook. 'Dropping' the geoutils into the libraries folder of my sketchbook folder doesn't seem to be working.

Error message...'the package "toxi" doesn't exist. you might be missing a library'

Never had this problem with a library before. Am I missing something?
Re: toxi/geomutils library installation
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2008, 9:05pm

In 0148, the libraries must be in the Processing install directory. It is with 0149 and later than they go to sketchbook (a big improvement, no need to move them on each upgrade!).
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2008, 5:24pm

<your sketchbook>/libraries/

has always been the preferred place for libraries to life, not the instal directory.
Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2008, 4:48pm

I'm having the same problem.
I installed the geomutils folder inside <my sketchbook>/libraries/ but it gives me the exact same error.
what is there to do?\
(i'm using processing 0155 in a mac by the way)
Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2008, 9:41pm

mmmh. finally figured out. i downloaded the source and not the compiled library.
D'oh!
libraries should be in .jar format, not .java.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1