We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Good Webcam for Capturing videos (Read 485 times)
Good Webcam for Capturing videos
Oct 26th, 2008, 11:11pm

Hi, i've got an old not so good webcam and im about to buy another one for some other reasons but this time i want to be sure that it is good enough for any future processing projects including video. Is there a good webcam (USB prefered) you could recommend? Any resolution, any features i need? anything to watch out for?

Thanks!
Re: Good Webcam for Capturing videos
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2008, 8:45pm

I would strongly recommend using a DV Camcorder... there are some programs that will let you use this as a web cam.  The optics are going to be way better than most web cams and it should have an optical zoom, among other features.

If you are on a PC that does not have firewire you can add a card pretty cheaply.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1