We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
p5sunflow lighting (Read 531 times)
p5sunflow lighting
Oct 23rd, 2008, 3:36pm

Im going to assume that the lighting in the p5Sunflow is what controls the colors of the sketch. When I play around with the my animation in openGL it looks like I want it to. But when I render it in p5sunflow it takes on a completely different look. Can someone help me with the lighting, if thats the trick?
Re: p5sunflow lighting
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2008, 11:47pm

Hi,

The Sunflow renderer has got its own lighting, material, and shaders definition that is completely different from the P5/OpenGL definition.

p5Sunflow is really a wrapper around the sunflow api, so any lighting, shader, material you define in P5/OpenGL is likely to not look the same when rendered with p5Sunflow.

P5Sunflow library (great lib!) does not seem to implement all functionalities of the original Sunflow engine, but happily, the source is open for both of these.
Sunflow is hosted on Source Forge and you can get the p5Sunflow source code by creating a copy of the p5Sunflow.jar file to p5Sunflow.zip and the java source files are there.

Hope that helps.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1