We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
download w/out examples 56k (Read 1090 times)
download w/out examples 56k
Oct 22nd, 2008, 5:17pm

This would be low priority I suppose considering all the development you guys are doing now, but I would like to see the download with Java but without the examples folder as I am on 56k. Perhaps the examples could be a separate download. I don't know maybe there are not enough people on 56k anymore for it to make sense. Anyone?
Re: download w/out examples 56k
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2008, 11:01pm

I think it's convenient for most people to have the examples included and it's inefficient for our work to make and post a separate release without examples. I agree that it would be nice, the examples are about 20MB of the download.
Re: download w/out examples 56k
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2008, 10:23am

In particular the drawing.mov which is 34MB...
The examples doesn't take much space (small text files) but the companion files, which are unlikely to change across versions, weight a lot.

But I don't see a simple distribution scheme to account that...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1