We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Teaching a processing workshop
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Teaching a processing workshop (Read 373 times)
Teaching a processing workshop
Oct 17th, 2008, 1:25am

I'm a long time processing user and I've just been asked to teach a workshop on processing. I've taught processing once before, but I'd like to know if anyone else has any experience teaching a workshop and could give a few examples of what worked or didn't work for you.

I will be representing processing as a tool for digital artists, instead of an introduction to programming. I'd like to introduce new programming principles as they arise and not dwell on them too much. This is what I did last time and it seemed to work well.

I was thinking of having the final result of the workshop be an object oriented particle system. Starting off by simply drawing a fixed point, adding x and y variables for simple animation and working up slowly.

I'm not sure if this would be too advanced for beginners but I like pushing people.

Alternatively if anyone has suggestions for a project that would be more useful to aspiring digital artists feel free to recommend some.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1