We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › gaming controller integration
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
gaming controller integration (Read 973 times)
gaming controller integration
Sep 30th, 2008, 5:51am

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a library (or any other way) which enables me to use gaming controllers (PS2, xbox, joystick, etc.) with Processing?
Re: gaming controller integration
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2008, 11:41pm

Maybe you saw this elsewhere on the forums:

http://texone.org/procontroll/

Works well - I'm using it with the Stelladaptor right now.
b
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2008, 12:49pm

How do you get this library to run?

I have followed the instructions but I just keep getting an error message - "The package "procontroll" doe not exist. You might be missing a library".

I have put it just about everywhere and still get the same message!! AAGGH!! PLease help!!
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2008, 3:51pm

I don't know the library, but it would help to know which version of Processing you use (some deep changes recently, particularly where to put libraries). And, perhaps, your system. And "just everywhere" isn't very precise... Smiley
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2008, 12:45am

I'm using 0154 on XP.
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2008, 2:29pm

In this version, you must have a 'libraries' folder in your sketchbook. There, you should unzip the libraries, which must have at least the structure <library name>/library/<library name>.jar

So final path is:

<sketchbook name>/libraries/<library name>/library/<library name>.jar

where <sketchbook name> is defined in the Processing preferences.

After installing a library, you must re-start the PDE.
Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2008, 2:12pm

Thanks i'll try that.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1