We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Playback sound distortion-Minim
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Playback sound distortion-Minim (Read 1397 times)
Playback sound distortion-Minim
Sep 15th, 2008, 9:41am

Hi,

I've just installed Minim and ran the PlayAFile in the example. The sound is distorted severely. I swapped it with an mp3 file, but the problem still remains. I'm using a Mac Pro with Mac OS X 10.5.4. Please give me an advice.

Thanks,

Taehee
Re: Playback sound distortion-Minim
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008, 2:06am

This could be a problem with the version of Java you have installed (I've had lots of complaints with problems on Macs). It might also be because the buffer you are using is too small. You can specify a buffer length as the second argument to loadFile(). Try something like 2048.
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008, 3:12am

I (and several others) had this same problem (search for it here in discourse) and it mysteriously disappeared. It's a JAVA/ Macbook (Pro) thing.
Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2010, 6:09am

i found a simple solution for thi, which works fine for me.
goto audio MIDI setup and change audio output format from 48000.0 Hz to 44100.0 Hz.

running OSX 10.5.8 on macbook pro 5.1

hope it works for you, too
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1