We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Minim: AudioSnippet update() bug
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim: AudioSnippet update() bug (Read 438 times)
Minim: AudioSnippet update() bug
Sep 7th, 2008, 12:26am

Hi,

I tried to use shiftGain()/-Pan() etc. methods of AudioSnippet, but they didn't seem to work. SetGain()/-Pan() etc. however do work. I look through the Minim code and looks like the protected update()-method in Controller isn't called by anyone and therefore shift-methods can't work. But I am not sure how to fix this (who should be calling this method).

Examples using AudioOutput do work perfectly.

.......j

Re: Minim: AudioSnippet update() bug
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2008, 1:52am

IIRC, this is because in the current release the AudioSnippet is just using a Java class to play the audio, so it doesn't have a way to tick the shifting. However, I've rewritten that for the next release and shifting should work for snippets.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1