We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Oracle connectivity
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Oracle connectivity (Read 524 times)
Oracle connectivity
Aug 27th, 2008, 2:31am

Hello.  I'm currently working on a project that involves visualizing data from an Oracle database.  Nothing too fancy, really.  I'm currently using Adobe Flex to do a lot of my visualization.  I've been looking for alternatives and a colleague recommended Processing.  It looks really cool so far, and I'm going to probably dive into it for the next few days.  

I read over a few forum posts about connecting to a database.  Has anyone had any experience working with Processing and Oracle 10g?  I saw one thread mentioned that I can use a JDBC driver (in this case, the Oracle one) and get some results.  

Currently in my Flex situations, I've been exposing my database out to the web using a JSP or JavaEE servlet and feeding XML into the Flex app using the mx:HTTPService control.  If I have to do this again, I can probably live with it.  

Thanks.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1