We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › high res screen capture
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
high res screen capture (Read 1833 times)
high res screen capture
Aug 20th, 2008, 6:17pm

Hi All, I have an interactive app written in processing, and I'd like to be able to pause it and capture a highres (A2, 300dpi) and need help on the matter. I know one approach is to do multiple renders with multiple cameras, each rendering a small section of the scene, and then stitch them all together. Is this still the only/best way to capture highres images from within processing? And if so, is there any sample code on the matter so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?
cheers...
Re: high res screen capture
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008, 8:37pm

You should use the tileSaver Lib by Marius Watz... it does exactly what you want...

LIB: http://workshop.evolutionzone.com/unlekkerlib/

EXAMPLES: http://workshop.evolutionzone.com/2007/03/24/code-tilesaverpde/

Lets see if it works with your sketch cause i need to implement it in mine soon too, so if it doesnt work with mine, i guess i ask for your help :)

Question for all the others reading this, is there any other way creating a highres graphic? when it gets to complex PDF isnt a good way anymore but i had some problems drawing all the stuff i did in OPENGL too... so are these the 2 common ways to export highres, or are there any other?
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2008, 10:15am

ah that sounds perfect, will give it a shot thanks...
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2008, 6:52am

You can get the latest version of the TileSaver library and code examples from the Code & Form Code library here:
Code & Form on Google Code.

Follow the unlekkerTileSaverDemo.pde example and you should see how to integrate it into your own sketch. You must call the pre() and post() methods of the TileSaver class inside draw().

You should not change any data that the graphics rely on while the TileSaver is active. You can check whether tiling is active by using TileSaver.checkStatus(), it returns true if tiling is currently underway.
Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2008, 7:35am

I was wondering if tileSaver is allready compatible with the latest version of processing. I tried it a while ago and it was not, thats why i still use 135..
Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2008, 3:22am

I just tested TileSaver with 0148, and it works fine. It might be that you were unfortunate enough to try the version I uploaded which was missing some vital classes.

For more information, read this blog post: unlekkerLib-0003: Fixed missing classes.
Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2008, 8:21am

Allright, works fine now... Guess that was the problem. Thx!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1